Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums (GLAM) have always been a place of wonder, discovery, knowledge and memories. With new technologies now available, and the realm of digital information, the wonder only expands: space barriers are broken down and artefacts can be experienced and explored remotely. This panel will illustrate these ideas through demonstrations:
- Experiencing new depth in Pacific Art through 3D digital exchange
- Capturing people’s personal experiences in social media discourse
- Bringing the museum space to distant audiences through immersive video and robots
- Taking a deep digital dive into the range of artefacts museums hold but rarely display
- Finding the diversity of Australian life made available through digitisation
- Learning core science lessons immersed in a real to life 3D digital world.
The panel will demonstrate cutting-edge tools, presenting some of the novel experiences that can now be provided to the public. They will also touch upon the new ways institutions have of engaging with the public at large.
This event is part of Vivid Sydney and is presented by Data 61 | CSIRO.
For tickets and more info, head here.